- 3 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 pcs. medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pc. medium cabbage, sliced in squares
- 2 pcs. fresh young coconut, meat removed and sliced and set aside juice
- 5 stalks tanglad (lemon grass), washed, fold and tied
- 2 pcs. chicken flavor bouillon cubes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc. medium red onions, chopped
- 2 pcs. ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tbsps. ginger, sliced thin
- 4 tbsps. patis (fish sauce)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté garlic, ginger, onions, tomatoes.
- Add chicken and continue to sauté until all sides are light brown.
- Pour young coconut meat, buko juice and chicken flavor bouillon cubes.
- Add-in tanglad (lemongrass) stalks. Stir and cook in medium low fire for 45 minutes.
- Add potatoes and continue to cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cabbage and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
Onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes.
Tanglad (lemongrass) stalks.
Young coconut meat.