All of them has one origin, Bacolod City where chicken inasal is very famous. Whatever the restaurant’s brand name, even it will be from the bbq street vendors, the recipe is the same and surely tastes good.
- 2 lbs chicken cut into serving pieces
- 2 tbsps ginger, minced
- 2 tbsps garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup lemongrass (tanglad), chopped
- 1 cup coconut vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup lemon soda (7-up, Mountain Dew, etc.)
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp achuete powder
- 1/2 cup margarine,melted on low fire
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, lemongrass, salt, ground black pepper, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, vinegar, lemon-lime soda, and lemon juice.
- Mix well and marinade for 3 hours or overnight inside the refrigerator.
- In a small pan on low fire, combine margarine and achuete powder. Set aside for basting.
- Grill the chicken while basting generous amount of the margarine mixture.
- Serve with toyomansi (spiced vinegar, soy sauce and calamansi).
Photo of marinated chicken.