- 2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup atsuete or annatto water (mix 1/2 tbsp. annatto powder in 1/2 cup water with 1 tsp. cooking oil)
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed and sliced for marinating
- 3 cloves garlic, minced for sautéing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 4 pcs bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsps. cooking oil
- In a large container, combine chicken, vinegar, soy sauce, atsuete water, garlic, bay leaves, salt, pepper and sugar for at least 1 hour.
- In a pan. sauté garlic, onion and ginger for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken (without the marinade; save and set it aside) and stir-fry until light brown.
- Pour marinade and simmer in low fire, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened.
- Serve hot with rice.
Sautéing the garlic, onions and ginger for 1-2 minutes.
Add chicken and stir-fry until light brown.
When sauce thickens, it is ready to serve.