- 1 pc. medium labanos (daikon), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pc. medium tomato, wedged
- 1/4 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps. bagoong alamang
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- pepper to taste
- 1 stalk fresh spring onions, minced (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp. salt (use when squeezing labanos)
- In a colander, place labanos and sprinkle salt. Carefully squeeze labanos to extract the bitter juice. Wash and drain.
- In a large bowl combine labanos, tomato, onions, vinegar and bagoong alamang. Add pepper to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well but careful not to lose the crunchiness of the labanos.
- Garnish with fresh spring onions.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes inside the refrigerator.
- Serve chilled. Enjoy.
Squeeze sliced labanos with salt, wash and drain.