- 1 whole chicken (4-5 lbs. weight range)
- 3 pcs. medium lemons
- 2 tbsps. brown sugar
- 5 pcs. garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsps. ginger, minced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 3 stalks fresh tanglad (lemon grass), for stuffing
- Wash and clean chicken, remove liver, gizzard and neck inside the cavity. Defrost chicken in room temperature if frozen.
- In a large bowl or container, combine all ingredients (except lemongrass), rub inside/outside and marinate chicken overnight inside the refrigerator.
- Let the chicken stand in a coriander for at least 15 minutes to drain excess liquid (we do not want to chicken to have lot of fluids when broiling) and stuff cavity with tanglad (lemongrass). Wash and make several cuts at the stalks of lemongrass using a kitchen knife and fold before inserting to chicken’s cavity, this will release more aroma and flavor to chicken when broiling.
- Broil chicken inside the turbo broiler (you may use oven when you don’t have a turbo broiler) at 150 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes each at the top and bottom part or until it color become brown. You may test it too by inserting a fork on the meat and see if juice comes out clear.
- Serve hot with rice and liver sauce like Mang Tomas brand. Enjoy!
Stuff tanglad(lemongrass) inside the cavity.
Place inside the turbo broiler.
Broiling the chicken.