- 2 pcs. medium-sized pompano fish, cleaned and sliced into halves
- 1/2 bundle kangkong (water spinach), cut and hard stems discarded
- 1 pack sinigang mix
- 2 pcs. tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 2 tbsps. ginger, sliced thin
- 4 pcs. fresh sili (hot pepper)
- 6-8 cups water
- 2 tbsps. patis (fish sauce)
- 2 tbsps. olive or any other type of cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, sauté onions and ginger for a minute. Add patis (fish sauce) and stir.
- Pour water, sinigang mix(refer to package ratio to water) and add tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Add-in sliced pompano fish and cook in low-medium fire for 8-10 minutes.
- Add kangkong leaves and simmer in low fire for 2 minutes. Mix well.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Tomatoes, onions and ginger.